Who Do I Call When I Want to Call The Council?

North Herts District Council

Tel: 01462-474000 Email: service@north-herts.gov.uk Twitter: @NorthHertsDC
Web: www.north-herts.gov.uk Contact NHDC about all the following: * Vandalism * Noise * Bonfires and Construction Dust * Licensed Premises * Stray Dogs * Public Toilets (not in villages) * Abandoned or burned-out vehicles * Dog Fouling issues * Council Tax/Housing Benefit * NHDC Housing (for the following:) * Actual or threatened homelessness * Housing debt advice * Advice on any housing issue * Common Housing Register queries NHDC are responsible for parks and gardens in the towns in the District, but for these, call the contractor directly:

NHDC Ground Maintenance Contractors

John O’Connor * Pest Control: 01462-436694 * Urban Parks (not Knebworth)

NHDC subcontract waste and street cleaning. Contact Veolia directly for these matters:

NHDC Waste and Recycling and Street Cleaning

Veolia: Tel 0800 3286023 * Street cleaning * Litter and graffiti * Missed bin collections * General waste and recycling queries * Fly tipping * Drugs paraphernalia such as discarded needles

Knebworth Parish Council

Tel: 01438-813795 Web: www.knebworthparishcouncil.gov.uk/ The Parish Council is responsible for the recreation grounds and the village hall in Knebworth.

NHDC sold its council house stock in 2004 to NHH. Call them and not NHDC for matters to do with homes the own:

North Herts Homes

Tel: 01462-704100
Web: www.nhh.org.uk If you live in a NHH property, then use the above to: * report repairs * report anti-social behaviour * discuss rent payments

The County Council is responsible for most other ‘Council’ functions in the District.

Hertfordshire County Council

Tel: 0300 1234047
Web: www.hertsdirect.org * Highways Fault Reporting (potholes, street lights, traffic lights, road signs, blocked storm drains) * Bus passes * Public transport information * Schools and childcare * Libraries * Social Care The County Council have oversight of the Police and Fire Services:

Hertfordshire Police

In emergency, call 999 (or 112)
Non-emergency enquiries: 101.

Hertfordshire Fire & rescue

Web: www.hertsdirect.org/fire In emergency, call 112 Non-emergencies, call 0300-123-4046

Knebworth Links

My post on Knebworth Links (especially for the Neighbourhood Plan) has some further links on contacts for Knebworth.

Comments !